21 Dec 2006
Why I hate Christmas shopping!
Well, firstly i must ask myself; why do i hate shopping of any kind?
Mostly i feel its a waste of time and effort. I like to have new things sometimes, but i'd rather they just appeared!
Shopping for other people is, however, something quite different. I love to buy gifts for people i care about, knowing they will love & apprciate it. However, such things can never be found when looking for them! For example xmas and birthdays. And I hate the pressure of having to find something!! The perfect gifts have a habit of appearing to you when you least expect it. And the moment you see the item, you will instandly think of somebody.
So, friends and family, from now on, you will recieve no xmas or birthday gifts from me! But you will get something you really like, when you least expect it!
Not sure how long that will actually last, society expects a lot, but i will try!
So, Merry Xmas and all the rest!
Oh did you know, originally, before it was a religious celebration, Xmas was the celebration of the winter solstice! This is something i would feel more confortable celebrating...although in Australia its the summer one! Never mind that!
Enjoy your xmas celabrations for whatever reasons the event may hold for you!
And, as always, have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
MERRY CHRISTMAS Leila! i do agree with your shopping theory haha, love from kate
Merry Christmas Leila!! love from daniel xo
Dear Leila,
Belated Christmas greetings.. though it still technically is Christmas until New Year I think!! I hope u've had a good one anyway! I like ur entry, I agree with you as well. It's pretty sad too when ppl are so stressed out or self-absorbed to even make an effort to get into so-called 'Christmas spirit' for one day (surely it makes more sense to just appropach everyday life that way but hey, I guess that's too much to expect from people.. :S). I couldn't believe how much money some people spent on Christmas presents at Target; just seeing it in front of ur eyes is quite staggering at times. I swear half of it made its way back to the refunds counter on Boxing Day as well lol :S. Anyway take care!! xo Sarah :)
Post a Comment